NOVA MEDIA PUBLISHING INC.

Port of Guayaquil Totals 78.1% of Bananas Exported from Ecuador

12.4.2019

Some 78.13% of the total Ecuadorian bananas exported were shipped through the Port of Guayaquil during the first quarter of this year, according to data from the Association of Banana Exporters of Ecuador (AEBE). The remaining percentage (21.87%) went through Puerto Bolívar.

Regarding total figures, banana exports to the European Union during the year amounted to 21,653,668 boxes, 13.53% less than what was achieved in the first three months of 2018. To the United States, which is Ecuador’s biggest commercial destination banana exports grew 4.67%, going from 7,072,596 to 7,403,044 boxes. But the highest growth was in the Asian and African markets, where banana sales increased 58.94% and 71.33%, respectively. The main purchasing countries in these areas were China and Algeria.

However, the total volume of exports of the product to all destinations only increased by 0.84%, from 60,846,348 to 61,355,466 boxes.

However, the total volume of exports of the product to all destinations only increased by 0.84%, from 60,846,348 to 61,355,466 boxes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Follow us on

  • social
  • social
  • social
  • social
  • social
  • social

Subscriber Area



 
 

View our Demo now!

https://issuu.com/sopisconews/docs/demo